Friday, June 8, 2012

Stylish Blogger Award


It's finally happened! I've been recognized for the calm, cool and confident fashionista that I am.
Okay, so I lied.
I'm not cool, I'm definitely not confident and although I do try to be fashionable, the fact that I am shorter than everyone I know makes it extremely difficult to buy designer jeans. Enter shopping in the children's department.
Really.
I was tagged by my NA Sister Jaycee DeLorenzo (hugs!), and this award is short and simple:
When was the last time I got dolled up (or rather, styled up for a night on the town?)? 


Let me be honest. I don't really doll up. I like to wear jeans, shorts and a cute top with my hair done, but dresses? As in...Prom or a date? Puh-leaze! That's not up my alley. But I do have my moments of grandeur, or rather, fashion. Let's see....the last time I got really dressed up was at my High School graduation party. I know, it was a long time ago, but hey! I bought a little prom dress and everything! My mom tried to get me to wear high heels but I wouldn't do it. I kind of wish I would have now. Even if I would have ended up falling on my face like an off-balanced smurf. I tend to go for the so-called "professional" look, with jeans, shoes, and curled hair because I'm a full-time writer and publicist. Throw on a little lip gloss and BAM! Dolled up!
I tag 3 more people for this award:

Bridget Bowers @ Rants and Ramblings 
Summer Day @ Pride and Princesses 
Bailey @ Bailey is Writing 


Tah! 



6 comments:

  1. Heeee -- thanks for tagging me in this award, that's kind of super fun!

    P.S. I'm a self-proclaimed fashion genius (exaggeration) but I did work in retail for 5 years, and despite your height, I bet I could find you jeans in a more adult store. LOL (Which also makes me ask, how tall are you?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, my mom have to shop in the children's section, so I know your pain. Echo Baileys question: how tall are you? I am 5 foot 8 inches and have a very long torso, so finding shirts is a pain for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 5' 3". Pants always go way over my feet and button halfway over my torso, lol. So I usually shop in the "old ladies" short legged section or the children's. And then the jeans dig into all the wrong places...!

      Delete
  3. LOL, I need whatever jeans you can offer!!! I've been measure at 5' 3", but I tell everyone I'm 5' 4". Don't tell anyone I'm a liar, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award!

    If you find a pair of jeans you like you can always hem them. Just ask them to keep the original hem and you won't even be able to tell :)

    ReplyDelete

Get fictional - it's fun! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope to see you again soon!